Favorite Quote in the Book

Use this forum to discuss the February 2022 Book of the month Totem: (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon
Raymonda onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Favorite Quote in the Book

Post by Raymonda onwuka »

My favorite quote is " I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down.
The above is simply the summary of the story of my life.
Grampy
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grampy.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Grampy »

My favourite quote of the book is also "There is no death, only a change of worlds" That quote right there changed my perception about death and losing someone. I feel like it should be written on a platter of gold and told as a comforting words to people that are mouring.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

I liked the quote "I learned I was someone able to hear truth, and to understand."
Chinecherem A
Currently Reading: Alwyn And June Crawshaw's Outdoor Painting Course
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinecherem-a.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Chinecherem A »

Kathleen Wilcock wrote: 12 Feb 2022, 11:47 My favourite is when Victoria recalls the saber-tooth cat. She says, "It had been impossibly beautiful. Now it was gone, real only in memory". I like this quote for two reasons. First, it shows that even the most fearsome creatures have their own source of beauty. Second, it also demonstrates how fleeting events are. Just because the cat died does not mean that it no longer exists. It will, like other aspects of the past, continue to live on through people's memories. Through these memories, the past will continue to be beautiful, vibrant, and real.
Profound. This is basically life. And death. The things we treasure live on in our memory.
Sarai Burgos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarai-burgos.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Sarai Burgos »

"I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down."
Wow, I can relate so I really felt this one.
brooke oakes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brooke-oakes.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by brooke oakes »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:07 My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lies ahead.
This is a quote that reveals a lot about the characters personality. It shows that she’s not afraid to take on challenges, but she is mindful of her own actions. I definitely liked this one as well!
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

“You have become a detective, Travis,” Sergei said. “Or is it, investigative reporter?”
I found this statement by Sergei amusing and nostalgic. Travis seemed to know too much for someone who wasn't a detective. He reminded me of a friend I had in high school who would always want to dig things up and get information that wouldn't normally be common knowledge.
Bello Qudus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-qudus.html
Latest Review: The Lady J Experiment by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bello Qudus »

The novel titled "Totem" contains lot of inspirational quotes which I find it hard to pick one. But My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength.
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

My favorite quote in this book is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down". It is so inspiring and didactic.
Bezos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bezos.html
Latest Review: A Kitchen Painted in Blood by Stephen Ahern

Post by Bezos »

My personal favorite is "I always win my fights. I don't start fights, but I also don't back down." It's very motivating. It demonstrates Sarah's fortitude. 
Humeyra Karakas
Currently Reading: How children learn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humeyra-karakas.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Humeyra Karakas »

"For some reason I imagined this was how the people in the time of the ice bears would have behaved, facing a threat. Standing together quietly. Quiet but determined." Sarah thinks after seeing the protestors outside Buckhorn building.

This is not necessarily my favorite, but I like the way it makes me feel.

Silence speaks louder than words.
Blessing O 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-o-2.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Blessing O 2 »

My favorite quote is “I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down". This depicts determination and courage to face and deal with any challenges that may come our way.
Bello Qudus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello-qudus.html
Latest Review: The Lady J Experiment by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bello Qudus »

My favorite is "I win my fights." I don't pick fights, but I don't back down. " I picked this quote simply because it is very inspiring and motivational. I love how neutral and confident it sounds.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:07 My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lie ahead.
This was by far also my favorite line. It just has such a bad-ass ring to it that I would love to use it at some point😬, especially when I have to have another argument.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Raquel Sojo
Currently Reading: Egomaniac
Bookshelf Size: 410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raquel-sojo.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Raquel Sojo »

Sharon Christanto wrote: 10 Feb 2022, 13:07 My favorite is "I win my fights. I don't pick fights, but I don't back down." It's very inspiring. It shows Sarah's bravery and strength. I even write this quote on my notebook page as a reminder to keep going forward whatever struggles lies ahead.
This is also my favorite quote because it shows a lot about Sarah's character. From these words alone you can tell how strong and determined she is, which of course is not an entirely positive thing.

Return to “Discuss Totem (Strong Heart #3) by Charlie Sheldon”