Review of The Fourth Charm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Review of The Fourth Charm

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fourth Charm" by Robert Howell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Born into a family and community of witches, the Dramsit children (Sharron, Wally, and Chip) have powers and abilities that no other witch, alive or dead, has ever possessed. The trio’s witch community needed their supernatural abilities to solve the mysteries that tormented their community. The witch council approached the three children to help solve the mystery of missing familiars that threatened the existence of the witch community. Armed with unique supernatural powers, in-depth research, and the support of the witch community, the three began with their task. Not long after taking on the assignment, they met with powerful opposition and resilience from an entity that threatened to wipe off the witch community. The trio needed the fourth charm to defeat this powerful opponent. Find out what this fourth charm is and how it was to be of any help by grabbing a copy of The Fourth Charm authored by Robert Howell.

Reading this book was a delightful experience. From the first few pages, I was captivated and intrigued. The storyline was captivating, and the development of the characters was realistic and impressive. I liked the trio’s work ethic and creative nature. Howell captured the essence of kids in these characters; their naïve but inherently good nature, unorthodox yet creative ways, and their free-spiritedness.

The language used is appropriate for children and is easy to comprehend. The supernatural creatures are vividly described to enable the reader to picture the characters effortlessly, and the storyline flows seamlessly from one chapter to the next.

I recommend another round of editing, as the errors I came across were enough to warrant the deduction of a star. However, my overall reading experience was not gravely affected.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this novel, and I firmly believe the targeted audience will also enjoy the adventures of the Dramsit children. More than anything, I hope potential readers will be inspired and realize that even when you are naturally talented, you still need to work hard to ensure you reach your full potential. There are many valuable lessons (besides witchcraft and black magic), and for that reason, I am rating the novel 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star because of the errors mentioned in the paragraph above. There were no aspects of the story that I disliked.

Children who love mysteries, detective work, supernatural creatures, and family-themed storylines will delight in this novel. I recommend it to young readers from the age of 8 years. It will inspire their creativity and enrich their imagination.

The Fourth Charm
View: on Bookshelves
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Rasha elaraby
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rasha elaraby »

The Yang child like This story, detective work, supernatural creatures, and family-themed storylines will delight in this novel. I recommend it to young readers from the age of 10 years. It will inspire their creativity and enrich their imagination, The story amazing and Simple
Last edited by Rasha elaraby on 07 Jan 2023, 19:08, edited 1 time in total.
Tokede Kolawole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tokede-kolawole.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Tokede Kolawole »

Very few things can compare to children on a mission. I like that the book also contains lessons that would be beneficial to readers. I wonder who/what the fourth charm is though.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

I guess I'm too old for this kind of story but this seems like a nice supernatural story close to a fairy tale that is engaging to young readers. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”