Review of When we all get together

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of When we all get together

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When we all get together" by Heather Bradley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There are various interactive ways in which young children can learn and get to know the world around them. When We All Get Together by Heather Bradley is a picture book that helps children learn about the various animals in the forest.

On each page of this picture book, there is a different animal that lives in a beautiful maple forest. Squirrels, foxes, mice, bears, and many other animals can be found there. Each animal is shown with a gorgeous illustration and an adequate description so that it would be easier to identify it. The picture book doesn't have a specific story; the author merely lists various animals and shows them according to their natural habitat.

Honestly, as simple as this picture book is, it blew me away. First of all, I was delighted by the illustrations. The illustrator's skill is truly enviable. Each animal is depicted very realistically, and the color palette has a calming effect. Warm tones prevail, and it appears that the forest is depicted during autumn, further enhancing its colors' richness. Furthermore, I like how the book is arranged, which serves its purpose well. Next to each picture of an animal, the author highlighted its name in bold font. I believe that children will be able to successfully learn which animals are shown in the book.

Frankly, I have nothing negative to state. I liked every detail of this picture book, and even though I am an adult, I would enjoy leafing through this picture book often. Likewise, I did not come across a single error, which speaks of the exceptional editing of the book.

As for the rating itself, I give it 5 out of 5 stars. I have no reason to give it a lower rating because I liked everything. I think the ideal audience for this book would be children who are just starting to read picture books and getting to know the world. I also recommend to all parents of youngsters to read it as a bedtime story.

When we all get together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Abeymayor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Abeymayor »

I love the way the writer presents his message through the use of pictures which makes it enjoyable for beginners. The book is mainly for children and I believe they will enjoy glancing through each page
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

Stories with pictures send their messages easily to the readers. Nice review.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I love books that let the illustrations speak for themselves. Children can see what each animal looks like and take this knowledge with them as they grow up. They will be able to recognize the animals in their natural habitat and have an appreciation of them.

Return to “Children's Books”