Review of Niching Up

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Review of Niching Up

Post by Gerry Steen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Do you have a passion that you would like to turn into a money-making endeavor? Do you believe that you could be an expert in the activity that you are passionate about? Would you like to learn the steps involved in becoming an expert in a domain that feeds off of this passion? Would you like to be the number one expert in your field? If you answered yes to the above questions, you should read the book entitled Niching Up by Chris Dreyer.

Dreyer was a very focused person while he was growing up. His ability to focus enabled him to perform a lot of repetitions. As a result, he often performed above the level of his peers. He stopped playing baseball so that he could spend more time practicing basketball. He became the captain of his conference basketball team and was offered scholarships to play college basketball. As a young adult, he started a side hustle in website development. He had become obsessed with the health and fitness industry. He wanted to help in some way, but he did not have any qualifications. He decided to focus on a small segment of people in the fitness industry: people with double chins. He gathered all of the information that he could find about double chins and created a website called loseadoublechin.com. It became the most popular website that dealt with the issue of double chins. He realized that he was successful because he had niched. Next, he became interested in the legal sector. He started search engine optimization for personal injury attorneys. Dreyer ignored the rest of the legal sector to offer his service to this small group. This was niching! Again, he became the leader in his field of expertise.

Dreyer shares his journey of finding his niche with his readers. He explains how he achieved success and how he became an expert. Dreyer describes the kind of mindset one needs to find success in niching. He gives examples of niching that were used by well-known celebrities in sports, films, and businesses. Dreyer leaves no stone unturned as he discusses the following facets of niching: cons, awareness, expertise, premium pricing, conversions, relationship equity, referrals, and efficiency.

This book was easy to read. It was not overly repetitious. The author's style of writing kept me engaged because he was a good storyteller. His book was well-edited. I learned a lot about the business model of niching. I did not find anything to dislike about this book. For the aforementioned reasons, I give Niching Up by Chris Dreyer 5 out of 5 stars.

Niching Up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oleabhiele Joseph
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oleabhiele-joseph.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Oleabhiele Joseph »

I read Niching Up, and Dreyer just possesses the wisdom and persuasion to sell ice to eskimos. I was sold on the spot. Niching is definitely a way to become the best in your field, and despite the fact that it narrows the market, which equals to fewer consumers or customers, it gives you a chance to charge higher for your products or services, since you’re the best in that particular field. So many lessons to be learnt in this book. Entrepreneurship wise, and more.
“You have power over your mind – not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, 161 AD -180 AD
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading: What the Soul Suspects
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

It is great that books like these are getting popular. These books should be included in school curriculums but since that is not happening, thank you for writing this review and trying to make this book more popular because such books are necessary to allow us to achieve optimal success :)
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

You have wonderfully summed up the essence of the entire book, especially the interactive questions you have started the review with; it gives the review reader a fair idea of whether the book is meant for them or not. I have read the book too and I agree with all the points you have highlighted in the review. Excellent job!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an interesting book for anyone who does something just for passion but would like to do it professionally to understand what it takes to obtain that transformation and succeed. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
The Keeper Jr
Favorite Book: The Cruel Prince
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-keeper-jr.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by The Keeper Jr »

I have read many reviews on this book and I hope I get it to read it soon. I actually want to improve and better my skills in a field so I will try to read this book. Thanks for the great review!
"Once I did bad and that I heard ever. Twice I did good, but that I heard never." - Dale Carnegie
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 108%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I enjoyed reading this book. It is informative and educational. The author's perspective on niching up is both realistic and understandable. This is a great review that highlights all the positive aspects of the book and makes a reader interested. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Cara Wilding
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

Gerry Steen wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 22:18 [Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]

Dreyer was a very focused person while he was growing up. His ability to focus enabled him to perform a lot of repetitions. As a result, he often performed above the level of his peers. He stopped playing baseball so that he could spend more time practicing basketball. He became the captain of his conference basketball team and was offered scholarships to play college basketball. As a young adult, he started a side hustle in website development. He had become obsessed with the health and fitness industry. He wanted to help in some way, but he did not have any qualifications. He decided to focus on a small segment of people in the fitness industry: people with double chins. He gathered all of the information that he could find about double chins and created a website called loseadoublechin.com. It became the most popular website that dealt with the issue of double chins. He realized that he was successful because he had niched. Next, he became interested in the legal sector. He started search engine optimization for personal injury attorneys. Dreyer ignored the rest of the legal sector to offer his service to this small group. This was niching! Again, he became the leader in his field of expertise.

This book was easy to read. It was not overly repetitious. The author's style of writing kept me engaged because he was a good storyteller. His book was well-edited. I learned a lot about the business model of niching. I did not find anything to dislike about this book. For the aforementioned reasons, I give Niching Up by Chris Dreyer 5 out of 5 stars.
Gerry! Finally back from vacation and ready to READ! I enjoyed this review. I have read a handful of other reviews on this book, yours shares a different perspective. I liked that you gave different examples of how the author niched up. I think that might be the biggest difference I see in other reviews. I appreciate seeing those examples as it makes me want to dive into the book myself! I love an author who is a good storyteller! Did anything come to mind for you in terms of where you could niche up?! I always enjoy reading your reviews, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one! Until next time...
:tiphat:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Cara Wilding wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 12:05
Gerry Steen wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 22:18 [Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]

Gerry! Finally back from vacation and ready to READ! I enjoyed this review. I have read a handful of other reviews on this book, yours shares a different perspective. I liked that you gave different examples of how the author niched up. I think that might be the biggest difference I see in other reviews. I appreciate seeing those examples as it makes me want to dive into the book myself! I love an author who is a good storyteller! Did anything come to mind for you in terms of where you could niche up?! I always enjoy reading your reviews, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this one! Until next time...
Hi Cara, It is good to have you back from vacation. I appreciate your comments about my review. As far as me niching up. Hmmm. I know gardeners in my neighborhood who complain that the squirrels destroy their produce. I feel the same way. Last summer I made bottomless cages to put on top of my garden boxes. I had all of my eggplants and tomatoes to myself. The squirrels could not get in to steal them. Maybe I'll take orders from neighbors and friends. I am retired, and I have lots of time on my hands. Take care. :techie-studyinggray:
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

I loved reading this book! It's jam-packed with tons of helpful information and was a great learning experience. The way the author discusses niching up is so easy to understand and relatable. This review is fantastic and highlights all the positive aspects of the book. Thanks a bunch!
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 02:00 I loved reading this book! It's jam-packed with tons of helpful information and was a great learning experience. The way the author discusses niching up is so easy to understand and relatable. This review is fantastic and highlights all the positive aspects of the book. Thanks a bunch!
Hi, INZAMAMUL, thank you for commenting on my review. I loved reading the book also. Have a great day. :techie-studyinggray:
Cara Wilding
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

Gerry Steen wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 01:04 Hi Cara, It is good to have you back from vacation. I appreciate your comments about my review. As far as me niching up. Hmmm. I know gardeners in my neighborhood who complain that the squirrels destroy their produce. I feel the same way. Last summer I made bottomless cages to put on top of my garden boxes. I had all of my eggplants and tomatoes to myself. The squirrels could not get in to steal them. Maybe I'll take orders from neighbors and friends. I am retired, and I have lots of time on my hands. Take care. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry, I love this! You should definitely take those orders! Thanks for answering my question. Until next time...
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Anu Anand »

Hi Gerry, I also had the pleasure of reading "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer, and I couldn't agree more with your insightful review. Dreyer's journey into finding and excelling in niches is truly inspiring, and your review eloquently captures the essence of the book. Your detailed explanation of the key facets of niching provides a valuable overview. This book is indeed a great guide for anyone interested in turning their passion into a successful venture. Well done!
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Anu Anand wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 09:41 Hi Gerry, I also had the pleasure of reading "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer, and I couldn't agree more with your insightful review. Dreyer's journey into finding and excelling in niches is truly inspiring, and your review eloquently captures the essence of the book. Your detailed explanation of the key facets of niching provides a valuable overview. This book is indeed a great guide for anyone interested in turning their passion into a successful venture. Well done!
Thank you, Anu. I appreciate your comments. :techie-studyinggray:
Sylianne
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sylianne.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sylianne »

I think 'niching' is one of the most popular words in marketing today. Your review explained the definition of niching clearly and also introduced the author with enough personal details that convinced me about his intention to help the reader. It's always a plus if a self-help book is an easy read- just like your review was!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”