Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
LoveMusic_AK
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by

Post by LoveMusic_AK »

I had to read everything by Alex Flinn. She is amazing! She is my favorite author in the entire world! :)
colombiansmile

Post by colombiansmile »

For me, it was the Sweet Valley series. I needed ALL of the books and read them from 2nd grade all the way up to high school. Now I still read them here and there for nostalgic sake.
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

Fiction- Paulo Coehlo
Non- Fiction- EO Wilson
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
buttafly74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buttafly74.html

Post by buttafly74 »

Hmm... well, not counting all the sweet valley high books...I'd say Madeleine L'engle. From the first time i read A Wrinkle in Time, I just had to read every book I could find of hers, starting with the other books in the series of course. Even now, there are a few books I have yet to read but I need to find them.
bookmark

Post by bookmark »

I believe it was Anne Bishop.
Kr111097

Post by Kr111097 »

Jodi Picoult,Sarah Dessen, and Danielle Steel
Mbredenbeck

Post by Mbredenbeck »

Ian Rankin (Rebus series). He was the first author to introduce me to a serialised character in a novel. I have read many series by other authors since then (they all seem to fall into the crime thriller/police procedural category).
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Enid Blyton, followed by Nancy Drew then
Bryce Courtenay, Tim Winton, Helen Garner (Australian authors)
more recently Barbara Kingsolver.
scrollworm
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrollworm.html

Post by scrollworm »

My first novel is "The Little House on the Praire". I was eight when I read it and it took me weeks to finish it. Then I begging my mom to buy me more books, she would often show me picture books but I demanded the big-font children novels.
JessiFox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessifox.html

Post by JessiFox »

I know it's a bit cliche, but Anne Rice was my first writer addiction. I started reading her at a young age and was absolutely hooked. There were other authors that I was enthusiastic about, but she was the first that I remember NEEDING to keep getting more of.
tennent10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tennent10.html

Post by tennent10 »

The first author I had to read everything by was John Green. I literally would by a new book by him after I had finished the book by him that I had just finished. His books were wonderful, and helped with issues that we all face. And they were just overall great reads.
jlauroesch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlauroesch.html

Post by jlauroesch »

I have to admit it's hard to remember which might have been the first one. I know I discovered Phyllis A. Whitney around the age of 10 or 12, and really enjoyed her stuff (not sure if I actually read everything she wrote though). I also read most (possibly all) of Alistair MacLean's books in junior high (I was thrilled to have gotten a library card for the adult section of our local library!), followed by Stephen King as well. Stephen King is probably the only contemporary author about whom I can say I've not only read everything, but also own everything (with the exception of Cujo...I'm a wimpy animal lover!).
APoohW

Post by APoohW »

Dr. Seuss, I remember sitting on my dads knee and reading them. My Mom and Dad enrolled me in the Dr. Seuss club when I was three, I was reading by myself at the age of four. I guess there started my love for reading by the age of 6 I was reading books that were written for teens they were called the Avon series and Judy Blume. My kindergaten teacher hated me because I was reading and writting already so she really had nothing to teach me except math, and I absolutly positively HATED Math! I knew my numbers thanks to Dr. Seuss but that was it.
AmandaR
Favorite Author: Way too many to list
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandar.html
Latest Review: "Cinque Terre, Florence, Umbria" by Enrico Massetti

Post by AmandaR »

Nancy Drew when I was really little. Then it was Eloise Jarvis McGraw. After that came Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Most recently it has been Charles Dickens and the Bronte sisters. However, the Bronte sisters do not have enough writings for my liking. Still, I felt the need to read everything of theirs.
"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickenson
Latest Review: "Cinque Terre, Florence, Umbria" by Enrico Massetti
draganas
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-draganas.html

Post by draganas »

Bukowski. I think he's the only one, too.

Return to “Discuss Authors”