How long does it take you to finish a 500 page book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Pickpocket
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pickpocket.html

Re: How long does it take you to finish a 500 page book?

Post by Pickpocket »

It depends, if I am engrossed and spend all my spare time reading then it takes me about 2 days, if its not as engrossing then about 2 weeks.
abasto123
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abasto123.html

Post by abasto123 »

If it's a really good book it will take me a day, maybe two. If it's just a decent book a week.
Taylormay96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylormay96.html

Post by Taylormay96 »

It really does depend on the connection made between the imagination and the pages. If I can not connect with or feel like my imagination is engaging with the text then a 500 page book can take me weeks to finish. However if I am able to completely immerse my mind into a book then I can find myself reading it completely from cover to cover in just one long sitting. Night time is my ritual reading time where I often lose endless hours of sleep to books.
Deee
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18984">The Two Towers</a>
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deee.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Deee »

If it's a page turner, I can do it within 24-48 hours. Otherwise, it takes 3-5 days or a week and a half if it's just an ok read. I have a full time job, but once I start a book, I have to know how it ends right away. Lol. I definitely don't get much sleep if the book is great.
"But to find out the truth about how dreams die, one should never take the word of the dreamer."

Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye.
sasharenee11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasharenee11.html

Post by sasharenee11 »

I'm a reader that don't put the books down. I can finish a book in about two days. I use to be able to alot quicker, but after twins I now am jumping up alot more between pages! At least the books let me escape the screams and tattle tailing. Love my books!
online books

Post by online books »

I do not have patience to read a book having more than 200 pages. 8)
StoneRyno

Post by StoneRyno »

I assume we are talking paperback pages. I read about 50 pages per hour. If it is an interesting book and not more than 200 pages I'll read it in one evening.
thoffman15
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoffman15.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by thoffman15 »

it all depends of how interesting the book is if I cant set the book down probably a couple of weeks if its ok maybe a month it all comes down to how I feel about the book and what the book is about always enjoy a good book that I cant set down and am constantly reading
Zoe303
Favorite Book: And Then There Were None
Currently Reading: Around the World in Eighty Days
Bookshelf Size: 240

Post by Zoe303 »

It depends on whether I was on holiday or during a college semester. A 500 page book would take me about 10 days if I was on holiday, a lot more if not. It also depends on how interesting the book is; it might take me less than 10 days if I was dying to know what's going to happen next! :D
professionalkass
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-professionalkass.html

Post by professionalkass »

This is a perfect question because the thicker the book for me, the more likely I am going to read it. I have found that a 500 page book can take me anywhere between two to five days, depending on how compelling the story is. My greatest achievement in this area was completing the 5th Harry Potter book in under 24 hours. Since then, my next greatest achievement was finishing a seven book series within seven days of beginning the first book while having full days and only able to read in my downtime.
social21
Currently Reading: The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events #5)
Bookshelf Size: 454
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-social21.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by social21 »

Depends on the book!! If the book captures my attention and draws me into it than a day. If it's a book that I am forcing myself to finish than it could take a month.
BookWorm82

Post by BookWorm82 »

It takes me 2 weeks to read a book with 300 pages in it.
smartmomways1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smartmomways1.html

Post by smartmomways1 »

If i consider only 1 book should be finish in 3 days but as i couldn't stay only with 1 book might will take 1 weeks. depend as well the content and type of the book, either novel or non fictions books which normally take longer...
Jamie fred84
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamie-fred84.html
Latest Review: "Shiver Cove, Part 1: Tamyra" by TJ Shortt

Post by Jamie fred84 »

I just finished one that was about 550 and it took me right at 1 week, if I didn't have 2 children it would have been a quarter that! LOL
"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." Joseph Addison
Latest Review: "Shiver Cove, Part 1: Tamyra" by TJ Shortt
fnichols1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fnichols1.html

Post by fnichols1 »

It takes me about a week to read a 500 page book. Like everyone else it really depends on how good the book is, and how crazy my life is at the time.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”