Author's Entire Collection

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Vivian Paschal
Favorite Author: John Grisham
Currently Reading: Southern Cross
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-paschal.html
Latest Review: What is priest Nation, The Seed, and the H5G by Herbert Scholes
fav_author_id: 2455

Re: Author's Entire Collection

Post by Vivian Paschal »

Lauraf101 wrote:I love to search library book sales, garage sales, used bookstores and thrift stores for books to add to my collection. I prefer used books over new books. It's something about the smell! I have been collecting books for over ten years now, ever since I was 17 years old and got my first apartment. There are quite a few authors I am well on my way to owning the complete set of their books: VC Andrews, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell, Iris Johansen, John Sandford and Danielle Steel. Those are the ones I have been collecting for over ten years now. My teenage stepkids have recently introduced me to dystopian novels. So now I have started collecting JK Rowling, Richelle Mead, Veronica Roth and Karly Kirkpatrick.

I have almost every John Grisham book and so many Patricia Cornwell books. These two authors are my absolute favourite. I hope every work by both of nothing them soon. They're amazing writers.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Storygamer88 »

I wish I had an author I loved enough to do this. There's always at least 1-3 works I don't care for ultimately even if I like majority of their writing.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I have not read a lot by Jane Austen, so I am planning to read her work. Also I would like to read more books of J.K Rowling.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien
Kovna Louis
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Kovna Louis »

I already own almost the entire collection of Agatha Christie's crime novels. And I plan to keep searching for the ones I don't have yet so my collection can be complete.
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

Impressive, Kovna Louis. And I wish you the best on the completion of your collection. I as well have a few collections of each of my favourite authors' books like Sidney Sheldon, Nicholas Sparks, Stephenie Meyer, no name some. But definitely, nothing compared to yours.
I'm thinking of expanding. Oh, I'm so excited.
Thanks to you for inspiring me. :)
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
Pm7lucas
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pm7lucas.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400699169

Post by Pm7lucas »

Dan Brown, Preston and Child, Nora Roberts, J. R. Ward, Laurell K Hamilton...there are probably many more that are escaping me at the moment!

Paula :D
"I think therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

Well, Stephen King and Neil Gaiman are the first to come to mind. Then when I think about it, I have a gigantic list. Catheryn Valente, Genevieve Valentine, Charlie Jane Anders, Charlie Stross, Ursula Vernon, Cailin Moran. If I really like an author, I will try to read everything they've published.
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

Mary Higgins Clark, the queen of suspense. I have 15+ of her books and plan to collect all of them :D
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
Ren B
Currently Reading: in a dark, dark wood
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ren-b.html
Latest Review: "H" by Ray Palla

Post by Ren B »

I'm close to reading everything Joseph Heller, Philip Roth, Graham Greene, Julian Barnes and others have written. If I'm a fan, I'll read it all, but I do try to pace myself since nothing new is coming from most of them.
Latest Review: "H" by Ray Palla
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

Tom Clancy, GRRM, JRR Tolkien and many more.
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

What a lot I've still got to experience! A lot of these authors I've never heard of. Thanks for the head's up, folks. Interesting so many like Jane Austen. OK, I'm one. Otherwise I've read all the Terry Pratchett's, all the Anne McCaffrey's, all the Tolkien, all the JK Rowling, Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein, EE Doc Smith. I love Ngaio Marsh, Rosemary Sutcliff, Ursula LeGuin, Marian Zimmer Bradley, everything written by Diana Wynne Jones. If I find a new one by a favourite author in a book store I'm happy for days. I get turned off, though, if a series goes on too long. I resisted Pratchett because there were too many. Now I have all except the first four or so. He definitely improved as he went along.
mcmillanrose
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mcmillanrose »

Tele: 01245 326280. Using a qualified firm of accountants, such as McMillan Rose, gives you the assurance of a professional quality service.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

There are so many that I would like to read the whole collection of. Some that I can think of are:

Karen Kingsbury
Suzanne Collins
Beverly Lewis
Nicholas Sparks
WendyH
Currently Reading: The Snow Child
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyh.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by WendyH »

Susannah Kearsley. I love historical fiction and every single one of her books so far have been wonderful. I anxiously await her next book!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Sally_Heart
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-heart.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sally_Heart »

L.J.Smith
John Grisham
Micheal Connelly
R.L.Stine

-- 10 Oct 2017, 13:59 --