2016 Reading Challenge

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
stumbleindevotion
Currently Reading: Let the Right One In
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stumbleindevotion.html

Re: 2016 Reading Challenge

Post by stumbleindevotion »

I'm probably aiming for about 200 books this year because I am quite a quick reader, but we'll see how well that goes. I may be being overly ambitious with that target.
batkinson6490
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Illustrated Edition
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-batkinson6490.html
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by batkinson6490 »

I attempted a reading challenge last year but I underestimated the power of reading with a child so I only was able to read about 20 books. I am looking forward to attempting 2 books per month and at the moment I only get to really read during nap time and while soaking in a hot bath after bed time for the kiddos. But never fear, my books shall get read! :D
Latest Review: "High Hopes" by Sue Lilley
aparsons
Bookshelf Size: 498
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aparsons.html
Latest Review: "A Mirror Among Shattered Glass (Book One of the Supernatural London Underground series)" by Romarin Demetri

Post by aparsons »

I'm not sure how to judge how many books I'll think to read this year. I'll pick up a book and read it and move on so quickly I forget to put it on the website. I love the feature though, it's really cool if you can remember to keep up with it.
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Latest Review: "A Mirror Among Shattered Glass (Book One of the Supernatural London Underground series)" by Romarin Demetri
kklaudi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kklaudi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kklaudi »

I am following reading challenge I picked up at the beginning of the year, the one with different topics. I do not know if I will manage to finish this one although it has definetly pushed me out of my comfort zone.

But I would like to read at least 52 books.
sonali_dabade
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonali-dabade.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by sonali_dabade »

Of course I do! :D
At the beginning of the year, I challenged myself to read 52 books in 2016. And I have managed only 11 so far. So that means I'll have to buck up and take it (or rather, myself) more seriously.

P.S. I have about 82 books that are waiting to be read, and these exclude the Kindle books that I have!
qveenlili
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by qveenlili »

I try to read at least 3 books a week and write reviews in my journal.
MrsOzera
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsozera.html

Post by MrsOzera »

My dream goal would be 100 but since I slacked off a bit during the first few months of the year I've changed it to 75 now!
Alexatheauthor
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Alexatheauthor »

My reading goal is probably a book a month, since I want to write another book this year.
RachelAnneMaria
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelannemaria.html

Post by RachelAnneMaria »

I'm aiming for about 3-4 books a month! One of my general goals this year is trying to mix it up and explore different genres and authors. It's so easy to get wrapped up in one specific genre, but I've been exposed to some really great reads since trying out this new goal this year. Some of these books I would have never picked up before. My general rule I'm trying out in order to expose myself to these different genres is to read books people recommend to me no matter what. It's going pretty well so far and I think I've been reading more than ever before!
aparsons
Bookshelf Size: 498
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aparsons.html

Post by aparsons »

qveenlili wrote:I try to read at least 3 books a week and write reviews in my journal.
How big are your books? I know of easy books I can read quickly, but right now I don't have the time and enough quick books to read. I like that you review them though. I might start putting sticky notes inside my books and note when I read each one and how long it took me.
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Shadowhunter123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadowhunter123.html

Post by Shadowhunter123 »

I plan to finish the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and I also want to begin the Heroes of Olympus series. I also want to finish the Divergent series.
littlelady131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlelady131.html

Post by littlelady131 »

I'd say 3-4 books a month but with work and soon school it might be more difficult. During the summer I should be able to read a bunch!!
WickedKitty
Currently Reading: Cat's Cradle
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wickedkitty.html
Latest Review: "Camp Hell" by Allen Stanfill
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by WickedKitty »

There's an actual book challenge that I signed up for. But I've been slacking....sad day.....I'm looking at hoping to finish out the year with reading at least 2 books a month.
Latest Review: "Camp Hell" by Allen Stanfill
EdeeIvey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edeeivey.html

Post by EdeeIvey »

Through Goodreads, I have been constantly trying to reach the 100 mark in reading books, but have continued to fail. So, last year and this year, I'm being a little less ambitious. I set my goal for 50, but I hope that I will continue past that!
Emily_Hilderhof
Currently Reading: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-hilderhof.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Emily_Hilderhof »

Since the beginning of the year, I have tried to read at least 3 in a moth and it has worked out great!

Return to “Reading Challenges”