Review of Pagan Worship

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Pagan Worship

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pagan Worship" by Patrick Beacham.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Pagan Worship by Patrick Beacham weaves the tale of a young, gifted lad, often labeled a logical substitute, whose self-worth plummeted alongside a persistent self-doubt fueled by constant comparisons with his past self. As the sole scion of a family whose patriarch explored diverse religious paths before settling into one to establish his life, questions arise: Was he genuinely a logical substitute? What unfolded within this religious household? Do they harbor undisclosed secrets? And how did they navigate through disheartening scandals? All these mysteries unfold in the pages of this captivating book.

Among the cast, my standout favorite was Maureen, a brilliant, tenacious, creative, and innovative woman. Her unwavering support for her husband's ministry, even during challenging times, showcased her strength. Despite his apparent shortcomings, she stood by him, envisioning a prosperous future and believing in his dreams. Maureen emerged as a formidable and empowering figure—truly, her qualities shone brightly.

The book takes an unexpected turn into humor with the absurd yet amusing scene where the Nazis employ noodles to strike the Jews. This particular moment, while hilariously depicted, carries profound lessons within its comedic setting, adding depth to the narrative.

Emotional turbulence is further explored when Blair confesses to being the focal point of a news story related to an abortion case. This made her really emotionally unstable and deeply hurt. She had an abortion and lost the boy responsible for the pregnancy, which must have really been tough for a young girl like her. What to do in any way? Life happens to us all.

In conclusion, this book is tailored for adults seeking to exemplify a life free from damaging comparisons, be they emotional, psychological, or social. It urges readers to address weaknesses, not linger on them, and emphasizes the importance of understanding and listening to one's children.

Also, whichever religion one chooses, it's expedient to hold firmly to the standards governing the religion and society at large and practice what you preach or teach. Though no one is perfect, we can live a life free of guilt and shame by trying as much as possible to live right.

I must commend the author for a job well done. The pages were well numbered, and the spacing was top-notch, which made it easy for me to identify the last page I read. Additionally, I found no errors in it, which made it exceptionally edited. The book is fascinating and has a lot of moral lessons. I am rating the book 5 out of 5 stars. I found nothing to dislike in it.

Pagan Worship
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Conshelle Dwight William
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conshelle-dwight-william.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Conshelle Dwight William »

"Pagan Worship" seems like a profound read, touching on deep themes like self-worth, religion, and societal expectations. I'm glad you found it impactful and thanks for such a great summary! It really piqued my interest.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, "Pagan Worship" by Patrick Beacham intrigues me with its deep exploration of self-worth and family dynamics. The story of a young man grappling with constant comparisons to his past self and the secrets of his religious household promises a rich, emotional journey. Maureen, a brilliant and resilient woman, stands out as a character whose strength and support add depth to the narrative. The book's blend of humor, like the absurd Nazi-noodle scene, and poignant moments, such as Blair's emotional confession, hints at a well-rounded story. Its emphasis on overcoming damaging comparisons and living authentically resonates with me. With flawless editing and engaging storytelling, "Pagan Worship" seems like a compelling read full of valuable moral lessons.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”