Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Sameena Ansari »

The vivid portrayal of Natalie's life, the nuanced characters, and the skilful storytelling in Ironbark Hill have captivated my interest. I'm drawn to the realistic issues tackled in the book and can't wait to experience this emotional rollercoaster.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: The Penitent - Part I by A. Keith Carreiro

Post by Hy Be »

Amazing review. "Iron bark Hill" by Jennie Linnane revolves around Natalie's mixed feelings and her best hopes for her family to turn better. The author did fantastic job in portraying the responsibility and feelings of Natalie elegantly, making readers connected to her on personal level.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane is a story about Natalie, who grew up in an abusive house under the constant fear of her cruel stepfather, Alex. I was genuinely intrigued by the description of Natalie in the OBC review. The sample pages portrayed the dark side of life for her and how she cared for her siblings and her mother. It will be a captivating read. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Amy_Jackson
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

What a glowing review! This is obviously a good read. I like it when authors make the characters in their books relatable.
Amy_Jackson
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

What a glowing review! This is obviously a good read. I like it when authors make the characters in their books relatable.
Rishaunda Lynnette Britton
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishaunda-lynnette-britton.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Rishaunda Lynnette Britton »

Natalie is such a strong character. I would like to know a couple of things about her: how things turned out between her and her stepfather, if she was able to save her mother from her stepfather Alex's mistreatment, and how things turned out between her and the husband of her employer. I recommend this book.
ABDULWAHAB ADAM DAHIR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ABDULWAHAB ADAM DAHIR »

Great review! I had a chance to read a sample of the book and I was impressed pulled in. I really like the way the author takes her time to describe her characters and develop the story. It's sounds like an interesting coming of age story. It is always an amazing experience.
ABDULWAHAB ADAM DAHIR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ABDULWAHAB ADAM DAHIR »

Great review! I had a chance to read a read a sample of the book and I was impressed pulled in. I really like the way the author takes her time to describe her characters and develop the story. It's sounds like an interesting coming of age story. It is always an amazing experience.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”