Review of The Return of the Knights

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Re: Review of The Return of the Knights

Post by MMcB »

A science fantasy, The Return of the Knights (The Dance of Light Book 1) by Gregory Kontaxis, is a great read with its wonderful world building and thorough character development. There is a list of the characters and the story unfolds using dialogue as well as flashbacks. This is the first book in what is planned as a pentology, so if you like it there may be four more in the series. There is an antagonist that is pure evil and the events unfold in ways that will continuously confound and delight the reader! Thank you for the thorough and inviting review!
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @ Deborah Belanger, I just read your comments on the official review of "The Return of the Knights" and I agree it is a book to read. I really liked the character development, the detailed battles, the description of the evil Walter and the good knight Elliot. I also added this book to my to-read shelf. @Mrlefty0706
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like such an interesting book and the suspense factor in this is what makes me wanna read this. I'm glad to see that the author didn't make Elliot into this flawless hero bcs i personally connect to characters who are flawed makes them more relatable. Congrats on BOTD.
Henry1989
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Henry1989 »

The Return of the Knights" by Gregory Kontaxis sounds like an engaging and well-crafted fantasy tale.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Hattie's World by Thomas Bauer

Post by Ika Apro »

People like Elliot can easily convince people of somenthing. I have no doubt that they will have hard time fighting for the throne, but Elliot will encourage people enough that they might qin the war.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: A Curate in Love by Richard Hughes

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Walter has never been closer to the crown and finally ending the war that has been destroying Knightdorn. When everything was about to end, when Lovbridge was certain everything was over for him, an unknown hero changed everything.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I love the cover of this book. It catches my attention quickly. This is a book with a great narrative, and good character construction. full of suspense for whoever managed to win the war for the Knightdorn crown. Congratulations to The Return of the Knights for being today's #BOTD
Yahya Amir Anwer
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Yahya Amir Anwer »

I like and appreciate this well-structured review. The excellent book and catch my interest, prompting me to add it to my bookshelf. A great review. Thanks!
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

The review highlights the well-crafted worldbuilding, vivid descriptions, and unique characters, especially the flawed yet resilient protagonist, Elliot. Okeke expresses excitement for future books in the series, commends the lack of predictability, and highly recommends the professionally edited and captivating epic fantasy to lovers of historical fiction.
Moses musankabala
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Moses musankabala »

Eliot was a determined, courageous and powerful knight who used to conquer evils.. it's a very interesting story I can't wait for the part to be published..
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Blandford Fly by D.N. Moore
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 160%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD. The review provided here is insightful. The book includes maps for a better understanding. The author's descriptive ability is well done. Each scene was described vividly. The book is full of suspense, historical, and epic fantasy. An intriguing book indeed!
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: Crossing the Lines by Michal Regunberg

Post by Olga Markova »

Your review is great! I sampled the first chapter where Elliot meets and kills Hicks and his companions who threatened to kill Elliot unless he took them to women in his village, and I agree with you about Gregory's descriptive ability that makes us feel like spectators of the vivid scenes he creates. This book feels like a top quality read!
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

I was captivated by the intricate dance of power and resilience depicted in "The Return of the Knights." Elliot's unconventional heroism and Walter's chilling villainy painted a vivid picture of Knightdorn's struggle for survival.
Devipriya Rajaram
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Devipriya Rajaram »

Having delved into the initial chapter where Elliot confronts and neutralizes the threat posed by Hicks and his associates, I concur with your assessment of Gregory's exceptional descriptive prowess. His skill in crafting scenes immerses readers as active spectators, lending a top-tier quality to the overall reading experience. It's evident that this book holds substantial promise as a compelling and engaging read.
Alida Spies
Currently Reading: the missing checkout girl mystery
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alida-spies.html
Latest Review: Grieving Gold by Daniel McDaniel
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 74%

Post by Alida Spies »

I love suspense, intrigue and unpredictable events popping out in the storyline. A protagonist who sounds like a normal person, making mistakes and having character flaws, is easy to relate to. Thank you for the insightful review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”