Review of A Tome of Order Magic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: The Penitent - Part I by A. Keith Carreiro

Re: Review of A Tome of Order Magic

Post by Hy Be »

Nice review. "A Tome of Order Magic" by Kyle revolves around Kai, who is finding his purpose in the transported magical world . The author weaved mystery, magic and adventure themes in this book.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Northland Chronicles Mother World in Peril by John Frederick Zurn

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Kyle's imaginative world-building in 'A Tome of Order Magic' is truly captivating! From the concept of 'mana' to the diverse array of creatures, every detail adds depth and intrigue to the story.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Because of Kyle's approachable and captivating writing style, anyone interested in the topic will find "A Tome of Order Magic" to be a fun read. This book will enthrall and inspire readers of all stripes, whether they are aspiring mages looking to learn more or are just inquisitive readers preoccupied with the magical realm. For magic fans worldwide, "A Tome of Order Magic" is an essential read due to its abundance of knowledge and thought-provoking thoughts. Also, some readers might want to steer clear of the numerous graphic and sexually suggestive situations.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Novembers by Norman Cristofoli
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here!

J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I also like that the sample hinted at excellent world building as mentioned in your review. I love the video game concept which is rare to come across in a book. Thank you for being honest and highlighting the cons of the book. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Definitely not my cup of tea, since I am way too practical by nature to still be interested in fairy tales. Give me a crime thriller, mystery or detective and in most cases I will discover a culprit before most readers, but enter unpredictable factors like magic and logic falls. Sorry, I prefer to skip, but congrats anyway!
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Velocious Evolution by Ron Saetermoe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

I was impressed by Kyle's attention to detail and creativity in 'A Tome of Order Magic.' The formatting reminiscent of a video game added an extra layer of immersion to Kai's journey, making it a truly unique reading experience.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Stolen by Neil Edwin Fountaine
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Damian Keyes »

In order for Kai to be summoned to this mysterious world means their something special about him that he does not even about. Just from the book description, this sounds like a solid adventure story that will have readers on the edge of their seats.
Yahya Amir Anwer
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 6
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Yahya Amir Anwer »

This review offers a useful evaluation of the book by pointing out both its advantages and disadvantages. It addresses good qualities like as editing, original ideas, and imaginative formatting. On the other hand, it lists overly descriptive scenes, unclear storytelling, and juvenile comedy as drawbacks. With a rating of three out of five stars, the reviewer suggests it for those who enjoy science fiction and fantasy video games, although they should exercise caution because of some offensive content. In general, the review offers enough details to assist prospective customers in making an informed choice, although it might not persuade everyone to buy it. One's tastes and tolerance for particular content will determine whether or not it makes a decent addition to their collection.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book presents a unique blend of science fiction and fantasy, with creative concepts like the use of "mana" and a video game-like format. The author's imaginative ideas contribute to a captivating narrative that explores Kai's journey in a magical realm. Nice review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 703
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“A Tome of Order Magic” by Kyle is a sci-fi story that follows Kai, who is human and actually named Kyle, as he is unexpectantly transported to another planet. Kai is faced with a world of magic and he needs to figure out why he was summoned there and how he can learn to control the magic and preserve the mana that was limited but plentiful for his use. He was summoned to be the new king. The past four kings did not live very long and Kai learned there was a bounty on his head. His aide was over 400 years old and the way he managed servants was something Kai would need to work on. Kai created a magical fairy to be his companion. He found that the humor was not very mature and in many cases was sexist or misogynist. The official reviewer found that the plot was lacking and it was enough to remove one star from the rating. This book is recommended for adults due to the inappropriate comments and the sexual content. A very good review that gave the book a 3 out of 5-star rating.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: My Yellow Brick Road by Patrick J Roelle Sr. / Mr. Pat

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

A book formatted like a video game definitely sounds like a unique idea, and is certainly appealing to those who like playing certain types of video games. However, I don’t think i would enjoy this one. Thank you for the interesting review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
CHANTAL EWING
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chantal-ewing.html
Latest Review: Unsilenced by Martins Agbonlahor

Post by CHANTAL EWING »

‪“A Tome of Order Magic” by Kyle is a new take on magic in a unique world. It is captivating journey into a world where magic is not just real, but a tool for power , Control and survival. ‬

Neha Panikar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha-panikar.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Neha Panikar »

I like how well described and objective you are in this review. The plot seems interesting and outside of a few disappointments, this would make an interesting read!
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

This evaluation delves into the merits and drawbacks of 'A Tome of Order Magic' penned by Kyle. The book earns praise for its innovative concepts, including the notion of mana and the incorporation of video game-like formatting, which injects a refreshing originality. However, the presence of immature humor and the absence of a cohesive plot are identified as notable shortcomings that impact the overall quality of the work. Regrettably, the review notes instances where the humor veers into territory that could be perceived as sexist and misogynistic, rendering it inappropriate for certain audiences, despite its potential appeal to enthusiasts of science fiction and fantasy-themed video games. Congratulations are extended for being recognized as the #BOTD.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Chad Anthony »

I appreciate how the review delves into the book's creativity, especially with the use of mana and video game formatting. However, the critique of immature humor and lack of clear plot raises concerns. As a fan of sci-fi and fantasy, I'm intrigued but wary and might wait for more reviews before diving in.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”