The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juancho
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

Post by juancho »

This story starts in the winter of 1975 in Afghanistan, two boys Amir and Hassan, two completely different social classes and completely opposite religious groups. This story shows how the love and remorse can have big legacies, Hassan with all the love he gave to Amir produced great remorse in Amir that makes him react and at the end changes the book ending.
In my opinion this book is not that interesting as I thought, but it teaches a lesson, Amir's guilt was so big that after so many years he needed to compensate it at the end with a huge action. Everything in life gets back and we must always think of our actions realizing that everything in life gets back. Reading this book also helped me realize how religion issues can get to the point of destroying a country, a culture, and creating bad propaganda of these countries and religions,
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Five Little Pigs
Bookshelf Size: 2290
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicated topic

The Kite Runner
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Classic Books”