Official Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to ...

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Northland Chronicles Mother World in Peril by John Frederick Zurn

Re: Official Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to ...

Post by Veronica Hunter »

In the beautifully written novel 'The Prodigy Slave,' Londyn Skye skillfully weaves a tale of resilience and self-discovery. Lily's passion for the piano becomes a source of solace in a harsh world, and Skye's narrative brilliantly captures the emotions of horror, hope, and love.
Venita Gous
Currently Reading: Sweep of the Blade (Innkeeper Chronicles Book 4)
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Venita Gous »

from the first page, seamlessly blending a gripping narrative with rich character development. The author masterfully weaves a tale of intrigue, magic, and self-discovery, pulling readers into a meticulously crafted world. The protagonist's journey is both compelling and relatable, navigating challenges that resonate with universal themes. The intricate plot, combined with vivid descriptions, creates a captivating reading experience. This debut installment sets the stage for an epic saga, leaving readers eagerly anticipating the next chapter in this enthralling adventure.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

Lily dreamt of finding her mother, the mother she last saw after being bought at an slave auction. In her new and scary life, Lily discovers her ability to play the piano and finds comfort in its music. Until one day, she is discovered and her life changed dramatically.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 632
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm so ready to dive into Lily and James's story. It seems like it would make a lasting impression and one of those books(series) that you can read over and over again. The historical part with regards to slavery is what draw me to this in the first place. I still can not fathom how the rich thought that it's ok to buy, sell and abuse human beings like that did those years. I just loved this review. It's has enough detail to ignite interest. Congrats on BOTD!!!
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 272
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

I think it's extremely great of the author to talk about such a difficult time in our history as slavery, and to highlight the terrible choices that the people running this business made. Adding the potential for romance and love for those who had to endure such great suffering, as well as the possibility of a better life for a slave. Congratulations on BOTD. Excellent review.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: The Penitent - Part I by A. Keith Carreiro

Post by Hy Be »

Amazing review. The book revolves around Lily, who is living a life like a slave , who is easily to be loved. Her love for piano was beautifully captured. Whether she will be able to live with his love is central question of the book. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Wajida Begum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wajida-begum.html
Latest Review: Don't Quit by Kyle S. Reynolds

Post by Wajida Begum »

"In the captivating realm of historical romance, vibrant characters like Lily and James waltz through eras, entwining love and history. The vivid settings and meticulous details transported me to bygone times, while passionate narratives weave love stories against a backdrop of societal nuances. A genre that beautifully melds the allure of the past with the timeless emotion of love is what makes this book worth reading. Thanks fur wonderful review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 705
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden” by Londyn Skye is a story about a young girl named Lily whose dream is to find her mother who was sold at a slave auction. During her captivity as a slave she learned that she had the skills to play the piano. This ultimately jeopardized her relationship with her master’s son who threatens to punish her for her hideous crimes. She realized their friendship was not real but she also realized that she had a special gift. This is well written book that should appeal to members that realize how terrible slavery was in our country and the injustices inflicted upon the slaves and their families. Very good review.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by MMcB »

Thank you for the wonderful review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye! I understand after reading your review why you would be excited to read the sequel even though you only revealed that there was a cliffhanger at the end of the first book. It sounds like Lily and James have some musical events going on and are traveling so maybe Lily can locate her mother. I look forward to reading this book and will be wary of the changing accents or dialects of the characters.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

The prodigy slave book one: Journey by winter garden

I enjoyed this read simply because it was easy to follow. Complex reads tend to be a bit more confusing and complicated. Learning how a child was separated from her mother makes me embrace my emotions on a different level. Then later on life learning how to go through life and learn how to love can be very difficult. Who is there to teach us to properly love and how to love ourselves before others. I enjoy learning from all perspectives and different people.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

It's so heartbreaking when I read from the review about the slavery of Lily after being ripped from her mother. Would like to read the full story. Congrats on the BOTD and a well-written review.
Sanju Lali
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 447
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A lovely blend of romance and history in "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye, which focuses on Lily, who got separated from her mother after getting sold at an auction. The book appears quite entertaining.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am still wondering what kind of punishment it was that pushed Lily ahead and set her on an enthralling journey. As a fan of historical fiction, I am certain that I will enjoy reading this remarkable book. Thanks for the amazing review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

"Londyn Skye's 'The Prodigy Slave' is a literary gem that effortlessly evokes a range of emotions. Lily's journey, intertwined with themes of friendship and passion, unfolds with a perfect balance of suspense and character development. Skye's ability to create both lovable and detestable characters adds depth to this engaging narrative.
Batoulha369
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Batoulha369 »

I came across a review for a book that I recently finished and I couldn't help but feel compelled to share my own thoughts. Completely overlooking its powerful message and beautiful prose. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in this case, I felt that the review did not accurately reflect the true value of the book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”