Review of Captured by My Immortal Elf

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Review of Captured by My Immortal Elf

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Captured by My Immortal Elf" by L. E. Sunwick.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Phoebe, a young and enthusiastic journalist, is dedicated to her work, working hard to secure interviews and stories. Her persistent efforts to interview Zephyr, despite his busy schedule, finally pay off, but their meeting doesn't go as planned. After some time, they realize they have an undeniable attraction and an unspoken connection. But, unbeknownst to both, this could be a forbidden love. Phoebe is unaware that Zephyr is an immortal elf and the prince of his clan. Zephyr, on the other hand, is unsure whether his clan would accept his human lover, especially given his position. In addition, Zephyr must deal with the uncertainty of how Phoebe will react when she learns the truth about his identity. Will their love continue to grow, or will it end?

One captivating aspect of the book that I enjoyed was the suspense and mystery it created. I particularly enjoyed the intrigue within the elf clan, with Zephyr's adversary Blackwell attempting to depose him and take over the clan's leadership. Blackwell will go to any length to gain power, and what's worse, he despises humans. The challenges that Phoebe and Zephyr encountered in their relationship added an extra layer of interest for me, as it seemed like numerous obstacles were conspiring against them.

However, one drawback of the book was the disjointed perspectives, which disrupted the flow. Reading about unfolding events in one scene, only to have the next chapter retell the same events from a different character's viewpoint, felt repetitive and frustrating. This undermined the tension that had been carefully built in the previous chapter. Another negative aspect I observed was the limited character development. It would have been more satisfying if the characters had been introduced and developed more thoroughly in the early chapters, as this would have allowed me to connect with them and understand their backgrounds. I should state that the story felt rushed at the beginning. So much was unfolding within a short time, and I felt like the author rushed that part so that they could get to the main plot of the book.

Overall, I rate Captured by My Immortal Elf by L. E. Sunwick three out of five stars. I deducted two stars due to the disruptive narrative flow and the lack of proper character development. Additionally, I noticed a few grammatical errors in the book. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy romantic books.

Captured by My Immortal Elf
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”