Review of Through All Time

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Insomniac by Cinzia Tani
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 64%

Review of Through All Time

Post by Laney K »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Through All Time" by Jen Shaffer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Through All Time by Jen Shaffer is a romance book with supernatural elements. Gabriel is an immortal assassin who's seen his soulmate die over and over again. He feels powerless to save her from the evil forces that hunt her down to torment him. One hundred years after her last death, she reincarnates into Parker. This is her last life and Gabriel's last chance to protect the woman he loves. Parker does not know about her past lives or who Gabriel is, but from the moment they meet, she is drawn to him. Will Gabriel be able to save Parker this time? Will she fall in love with him again? This gripping story can be found within the pages of Through All Time!

I loved the supernatural elements in this book. The themes of soulmates and supernatural forces made the stakes feel high. As Gabriel struggled to figure out whether to stay away from Parker to try and protect her or give into his desire to be with her, it was easy to root for the couple. Details, such as Parker having physical scars from her past lives, added such an interesting layer to the book. The plot and character development were top-notch.

My one dislike of the book was the balance between the plot and the erotic content. I felt as though the book was tipped in favor of the erotic scenes. The plot was so engaging that I wanted more of it, so I found these scenes to be in the way of the plot at times. Other readers might enjoy the balance of the book, but it was a negative for me personally.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. It was well-edited. However, while I was enthralled with the plot, characters, and excellent writing, the numerous erotic scenes slowed down the pacing. It was a significant enough reason for me to take away a star. Due to the sexual content, this book is only suitable for adults. It would be perfect for those who enjoy romance mixed with supernatural elements such as angels and soulmates. It is the perfect length to read on a beach day or rainy afternoon!

Through All Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

I reckon this book seems like a real good read, with romance and supernatural bits mixin' together. The reviewer enjoyed the themes of soulmates and them supernatural forces, but thought there might've been a bit too much focus on the erotic scenes. They gave it 4 outta 5 stars and said it's suitable for adults who fancy romance with angels and soulmates. Overall, seems like an interestin' choice if ya ask me! Compelling conflict, drove the story forward.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

This review provides a detailed perspective on "Through All Time" by Jen Shaffer. It highlights the engaging plot and character development, as well as the supernatural elements that add excitement to the story. However, the reviewer felt that there was an imbalance between the plot and the erotic content, which affected the pacing. Overall, the book seems like a good read for adults who enjoy a mix of romance and supernatural themes, but it's important to note the presence of explicit scenes. Intriguing mystery, kept me guessing until the end.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”