Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Please use this forum to discuss historical fiction books. Common definitions define historical fiction as novels written at least 25-50 years after the book's setting.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Glory Prince
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 7

Re: Official Review: Let The Children Come by Tom Fay

Post by Glory Prince »

This demonstrates a profound understanding of Christianity, human compassion, and unwavering faith.This Christian historical fiction novel by Tom Fay beautifully portrays George Müller's unwavering faith and remarkable life achievements. Fay skillfully captures the essence of the era and engages readers with an immersive narrative.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

It's fascinating to see how the author, Tom Fay, has woven a narrative around the life of George Müller, exploring themes of redemption, faith, and submission to the will of God. The complexities of George's journey, especially his struggles with waywardness and the influence of his friend Beta, add depth to the storyline. Congrats to the BOTD.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Teen Voguehub 1
Currently Reading: The Message?: A thinking thriller about change and choice
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teen-voguehub-1.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2024 Reading Goal: 300
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Teen Voguehub 1 »

"Let the Children Come: The Life of George Müller" appears as an inspiring portrayal of Müller's unwavering dedication to caring for orphaned children. He has exhibited
vivid storytelling and meticulous research in the world of faith, resilience, and compassion. A must-read for those seeking inspiration and a reminder of the power of one individual's impact.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

"Let The Children Come: The Life of George Müller" is a compelling novel that follows George's journey from waywardness to faith. The author's seamless writing style and lifelike dialogues make the book enjoyable. The story combines tragedy with humor and delivers a reviving message about prayer and trusting in God.#botd
Sandeep Sahoo 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-sahoo-1.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green

Post by Sandeep Sahoo 1 »

Thanks for the intriguing review; as a fan of Christian literature, I'm curious about the interesting story and eager to discover if George changed his ways.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Cusick by Philip Amortila

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I hope George finally turns from his self-destructive ways. I love books about redemption and second chances, so I'll be sure to check this one out!
PrajaktaDagare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prajaktadagare.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by PrajaktaDagare »

Your review is interesting and would like to read this book.
Story of father and son locking horns with each other, mother getting caught up in between. Death of mother painfully for both the men. Beta taking a 360 degree
PrajaktaDagare
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prajaktadagare.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by PrajaktaDagare »

Your review is interesting and would like to read this book.
Story of father and son locking horns with each other, mother getting caught up in between. Death of mother painfully for both the men. Beta taking a 360 degree
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Let the Children Come is perfect for people who like Christian fiction. I like that the book has a great storyline and that it centers around faith. I'm curious about what will happen to George and the people around him. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day" by Zed

Post by Anu Anand »

This book seems like a captivating journey of redemption and faith, exploring the transformative power of surrendering to God's will. Its inspiring message about repentance and trust in divine providence resonates deeply. Congrats on BOTD!
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Your acknowledgment of the book's humor amidst its tragedies highlights the author's skill in balancing tone and emotion. Humor can add layers of complexity to characters and situations, making them feel more authentic and relatable.
Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin
Favorite Book: The Inner CEO
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boluwatife-ade-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Boluwatife Ade Aderogbin »

This is an interesting storyline; the road from waywardness to redemption, it won't be easy for him. I like the fact the author added humour to the book that makes the book not to be too serious. The effect friend can make on a person cannot be underestimated, looking at how George changed because of the influence of his friend Beta, good friendship is good in life.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Chad Anthony »

Your praise for the author's writing style resonates with me. A seamless narrative flow and vivid descriptions can truly enhance the reading experience, allowing readers to immerse themselves fully in the story. It's encouraging to hear that this book delivers on those fronts.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading: Words of Weedsdom
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The depth of emotion in your review is palpable, especially in your appreciation for the book's portrayal of faith and acceptance of God's will. It's refreshing to encounter a story that tackles such profound themes with honesty and sincerity.
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

Let The Children Come

As your typical teenager (in my opinion) they are the life of the oarty, smoking and drinking, while also morning is mother’s death. Due to the way that George saw things, he and as father stayed at the odds. Later on we find that with Gods help things would change for him. Sometimes all it takes os for us to go through a rough patch and God lifts us right out of it in order to become a better person. I believe that anyone who picks this book up will love it. Congratulations!

Return to “Historical Fiction”