would love feedback on my poetry book

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
dianalewis
Bookshelf Size: 0

would love feedback on my poetry book

Post by dianalewis »

I have just published my first poetry book call "Tales of an innocent heart by diana lewis. thats me :) here is one of my favorit poems and would like to know what you think and get some educated reviews cause the only people who have read it family and u know they are not honest and i need to know how i can get better, or just stay the same if it is good. I write simple poetry i think ( meaning it not hard to understand) no shakespearish i guess. ok here is one of my poems and thank you for any advice.

My judgment

The ones passing judgment on me should stop to ponder on the judgments that have been placed on their own names.

For this path I did not choose once again, I was pushed down it and ridiculed for it ever since I regained the strength to stand.

It makes no sense how one so full of guilt can make those whom are innocent feel such remorse in their lies.

I feel the world would rather see me fail, and become like the rest; in this
wasteland of clones

But for my own pride I stand alone, ready to be persecuted by those who do not understand hurt and suffering like I do

They know nothing of wrong doings, only what their own selfi sh heads have conceived in the ways of this world.

For one looking for intelligence is looking for nothing but a person with a good memory of knowledge.

For they may never understand the words they speak, but yet they speak them in vain because they are indulging in complete ignorance.

But I must not pass this judgment so harshly, because their ignorance would become my knowledge.

And until I can clean my intelligence, I must wait, yet another day to ponder mine own judgments.
DreamWeaver121
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by DreamWeaver121 »

excellentay lol. keep up the goodwork. I wanna read some more :)
Life is not a bed of roses its a valley of thorns twisting and tearing into the strands of time. But, in the middle of every valley their is a river. If you find that river follow it. For it shall lead you to the sea. Then you will finally be free.
-MO

Return to “Poetry & Music”