Netflix recommendedations

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Moodykelz_10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Icon Netflix recommendedations

Post by Moodykelz_10 »

Let's be honest who isn't into Netflix. At the moment I love nothing more when I'm not reading is a series to watch... What is some of your best at the moment.

I'm loving Mind Hunter at the moment.
Ben Moore
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: The Diary of Samuel Pepys, Vol. 1
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-moore.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Ben Moore »

I came across a little series the other day whilst browsing (I was bored and didn’t want to get off the sofa 😂).

It’s called ‘Broken’ and has Sean Bean playing a catholic priest at a little community church. I’m not catholic myself but it’s a really moving story about him wrestling with his own past and beliefs while trying to support various members of the parish.

I should warn you, it has themes of sexual abuse, homophobia, racism, suicide, and violence. They’re all dealt with very well though and I’m amazed I haven’t come across more people who’ve watched it. Very well written and Sean Bean’s performance had me in tears at times!
Moodykelz_10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Moodykelz_10 »

Ben Moore wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 03:06 I came across a little series the other day whilst browsing (I was bored and didn’t want to get off the sofa 😂).

It’s called ‘Broken’ and has Sean Bean playing a catholic priest at a little community church. I’m not catholic myself but it’s a really moving story about him wrestling with his own past and beliefs while trying to support various members of the parish.

I should warn you, it has themes of sexual abuse, homophobia, racism, suicide, and violence. They’re all dealt with very well though and I’m amazed I haven’t come across more people who’ve watched it. Very well written and Sean Bean’s performance had me in tears at times!
Ohh this sounds so good. I watched a show similar afterlife. Which touched on these topics. I'll definitely have a go. I'm always on the look out.
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

Dirk Gently, Limitless and Lucifer are all very good. They are all detective shows, Dirk Gently is a wonderfully strange fantasy, Limitless is about a man who becomes very smart when he takes a drug called NZT and Lucifer is about the devil coming to Earth and learning how to be better. (It's worth a try)
adamgreenrock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamgreenrock.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by adamgreenrock »

Probably Violet Evergarden. If you're in for a feels trip in a ghostwriter's journey in a fictional post-war then go for it.
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

Moodykelz_10 wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 16:49 Let's be honest who isn't into Netflix. At the moment I love nothing more when I'm not reading is a series to watch... What is some of your best at the moment.

I'm loving Mind Hunter at the moment.
LOVE Mind Hunter... one of the best they've done! I also love Atypical and Dead to Me.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
tgoatley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgoatley.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by tgoatley »

Dead to Me, Shitt's Creek, and Grace and Frankie
andiley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by andiley »

Everyone is talking about "YOU" so I think you should try it.
Elwyn23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elwyn23.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Elwyn23 »

I really love "The Umbrella Academy", its second season is coming out later this year. I got into this show fairly recently, but was so impressed by it. While it features lots of cliches and tropes, they still manage to create an overall refreshing show, I like to think of the show as what would happen if Wes Anderson directed the X-men movies
asuccintbeta
Favorite Book: Legally Bound
Currently Reading: Something About Ann
Bookshelf Size: 1081
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asuccintbeta.html
Latest Review: Must Love Spankings by Tina Sumley

Post by asuccintbeta »

Altered Carbon and Travelers
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

Schists creek, Sabrina and all the dc shows
leareiler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leareiler.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by leareiler »

Money Heist. I recommend this show to EVERYONE I talk to. It's in spanish, but subtitles never hurt anyone. There are currently 3 seasons, most likely going to be a fourth (since the 3rd ended on a cliffhanger), and each season is fast paced, packed full of action, emotions, twists, suspense. It's just a really, really great show. I'll be recommending it until the day I die.
sevillagirl18
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevillagirl18.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by sevillagirl18 »

Next in Fashion is a great fashion competition with Queer Eye's Tan France and Alexa Chung as hosts. My sister and I are OBSESSED.

It's so interesting to see all of the different styles for each challenge, and I love how the tone is positive and supportive instead of cutthroat.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

Criminal Minds is so good. Also any of John Mulaney's specials are worth watching. Marriage story is also amazing.
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

The OA is so good! I really love that show. The second season isn't as good as the first one, but I still liked it. I'm hoping the third one comes out soon.

Return to “Films and Books”