The best pet in the story?

Use this forum to discuss the September 2019 Book of the month, "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Re: The best pet in the story?

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I would definitely choose Poudini, though the idea of the albatross kind of fascinates me as well...
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

Julie Petitbon wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 21:54 I would definitely choose Poudini, though the idea of the albatross kind of fascinates me as well...
Poudini is an excellent selection for a pet, but the albateoss can probably fly anywhere. It would be the perfect pet in Echoland for me.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kro92813.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:52
Kro92813 wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:14
chelhack wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 00:08 I feel the best pets in the overall story were Dea' and Damian for they stayed in the animals for 10 years dying inside them to look after Will.
I didnt even think of them, but so true! Talk about loyalty!
Yes it was loyalty, but to whom? The prince or Will?
More than likely to the prince since he is where their allegiance lies. But I'm sure will grew on them after 10 years! If not that would be one miserable job...
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Julie Petitbon wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 21:54 I would definitely choose Poudini, though the idea of the albatross kind of fascinates me as well...
I feel like there is no way I would climb on a giant bird! Haha horses are enough of a thrill for me 🤣
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by tristenb »

I really loved Poudini. He was a truly a man's best friend. He stuck by Peter through everything and even cared for Wolfea when she was lonely. Peter was truly heartbroken when he thought that his dear pet had died. This shows the true connection that the two of them had. In contrast, even though Will cared for Wolfea and gave her a better life the two of them never truly achieved the same amount of intimacy.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

tristenb wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:56 I really loved Poudini. He was a truly a man's best friend. He stuck by Peter through everything and even cared for Wolfea when she was lonely. Peter was truly heartbroken when he thought that his dear pet had died. This shows the true connection that the two of them had. In contrast, even though Will cared for Wolfea and gave her a better life the two of them never truly achieved the same amount of intimacy.
O think you are right about their relationships. Wills goal with Wolfea was to give her a better life and eventually set her free. They didnt really get the chance to become close
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

The adventuring part of me, however small, would love the Wandering Albatross. But for being a true pet, I'd have to choose Poudini.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Juliet+1 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 21:14 The adventuring part of me, however small, would love the Wandering Albatross. But for being a true pet, I'd have to choose Poudini.
Poudini definitly seems like the safe and normal bet! You cant go wrong with a cute and loyal puppy!
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:52
Kro92813 wrote: 24 Sep 2019, 12:14

I didnt even think of them, but so true! Talk about loyalty!
More than likely to the prince since he is where their allegiance lies. But I'm sure will grew on them after 10 years! If not that would be one miserable job...
The job was to shadow the prince's sound n a realm where Fate Sealers rarely visited...it must have been a va ation more like, except for inhabiting animal corpses and all.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:53
I feel like there is no way I would climb on a giant bird! Haha horses are enough of a thrill for me 🤣
I feel quite the opposite, there's no way I would pass up that ride on an Albatross. I would probably be packed and ready before it touched down.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

tristenb wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:56 I really loved Poudini. He was a truly a man's best friend. He stuck by Peter through everything and even cared for Wolfea when she was lonely. Peter was truly heartbroken when he thought that his dear pet had died. This shows the true connection that the two of them had. In contrast, even though Will cared for Wolfea and gave her a better life the two of them never truly achieved the same amount of intimacy.
Poudini was an amazing companion and pet to Peter and would definitely make a great choice for a pet. I on the other hand am fully commited o the Albatross.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Currently Reading:

Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:56
O think you are right about their relationships. Wills goal with Wolfea was to give her a better life and eventually set her free. They didnt really get the chance to become close
I agree that Will and Wolfea never really got thhe chance to become close.
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 23:58
Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:52

The job was to shadow the prince's sound n a realm where Fate Sealers rarely visited...it must have been a va ation more like, except for inhabiting animal corpses and all.
And the fact they were slowly dieing inside the pets
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 00:00
Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 18:53
I feel quite the opposite, there's no way I would pass up that ride on an Albatross. I would probably be packed and ready before it touched down.
Maybe you could convince me if there was s harness, but valerie just hopes on bare back!
Kro92813
Currently Reading:

Post by Kro92813 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 00:03
Kro92813 wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 19:56
I agree that Will and Wolfea never really got thhe chance to become close.
Which was kind of nice that Will didnt try to change who wolfea was, he just wa ted better for her

Return to “Discuss "The Crystilleries of Echoland" by Dew Pellucid.”