What did you think of the cover of this book?

This is a discussion forum for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=573230

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

This is a discussion topic for the April 2024 Book of the Month, "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Attachments
MO240324 (16).jpg
MO240324 (16).jpg (7.35 MiB) Viewed 884 times
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Olga Markova
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Olga Markova »

Apart from being artistically eye-pleasing, I think the cover is very appropriate and illustrates very accurately the "green field" the American business canvas used to be at the early stages of its development in colonial times, open for any man in that greenfield to see the opportunities.
Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirley-ann-riddern-labzentis.html
Latest Review: The Story Of... by Shirley B Novack
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 103%

Post by Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis »

Even though the book is about businesses, I found the cover to be very boring. I think that they could have added more color to make it pop and given it a different scenario. Even if they had used office buildings or factories with some color, it would have been more pleasing to the eye.
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know which one you are going to get!"
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

At first glance and without having read the book yet, the imagery on the cover does not seem to relate very much to the subject matter of the book. I am interested to see if the cover appears more fitting once I have read the book, but feel that the apparent disconnect between the subject matter and the cover image could deter potential readers from picking up this book.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Cristina-Ioana Toader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-ioana-toader.html
Latest Review: The Foundlings and Fisherman from Tumby by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Cristina-Ioana Toader »

The cover features a classic and serene landscape painting, invoking the idyllic American countryside. The imagery of rolling hills, agriculture, and the presence of a train chugging along in the distance alludes to progress and the traversing of new frontiers. This could symbolize the journey of entrepreneurship in America—rooted in tradition but constantly moving towards innovation and the future.
Shewaofafrica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shewaofafrica.html
Latest Review: Against All Odds by Carola Hauer

Post by Shewaofafrica »

I think that the cover is quite catchy even though the content is not really that easy to grasp. I feel like the colors look rather calming to prepare the readers for the content.
Sbitan Mohammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sbitan-mohammad.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by Sbitan Mohammad »

I think the cover suits what is being discussed. As much as the book is about business, the cover represents a serene field with lush green vegetation depicting financial growth and all.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Always Losing Something by Max Green
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 116%

Post by RJ Reviews »

To those who are unaware of the topic being discussed in the book, the cover will not be alluring. Its relevance can only be realized after finishing the book. It is aesthetically pleasing and appropriate. But not without some background knowledge about the country and its business scenarios.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Chidinma Dijeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chidinma-dijeh.html
Latest Review: Wonders in the Waves by Jennifer Collins

Post by Chidinma Dijeh »

The book cover has a dynamic image representing entrepreneurship or innovation, which is very eye-catching. It is fantastic indeed.
INZAMAMUL HAQUE3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inzamamul-haque3.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by INZAMAMUL HAQUE3 »

In my opinion, the book's cover is eye-catching and intriguing. Although the content inside can be complex, the cover is designed to attract the reader's attention. The scenes used on the cover are soothing and create a sense of calmness, which can help readers prepare for the book's complex ideas and concepts. Overall, the cover does an excellent job of getting readers interested in the content of the book and providing them with a glimpse of what to expect.
Emmamackenzieee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmamackenzieee.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Emmamackenzieee »

I was drawn to this book because of the cover. Coming from an agricultural standpoint, America has founded and truly thrived off of the heartland. With agriculture, it gave one of the main starts to allowing the US to be the giant entrepreneur factory it is now. The cover to me represents the change of physical hard work (which 90%+ of people did for a living in the 1700’s) to its transformation to more of the Industrial Revolution and furthering to become a developed country.
Ije Bons
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ije-bons.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ije Bons »

I was really pleased with the cover of the book. It was different in a good way and it drew me to the book.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The book cover is perfect. It clearly show the book title. The colour used is also eye Cathy and would draw the attention of readers to it.
Amos Osinya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amos-osinya.html
Latest Review: Swallows Also Fall by CR Armeny

Post by Amos Osinya »

The cover of the book shows a greater percentage of green vegetation. Probably symbolizing flourishing life. Here and there within the vegetation are structures that look like factories with smoke chimneys. Maybe this symbolizes the high level of industrialization and entrepreneurship in the USA.
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N)
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 75
2024 Goal Completion: 21%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

I understand why the author chose the cover, but I find the cover very boring. I believe the use of brighter colors and another type of picture will bring out the title and message to the reader as well.

Return to “Discuss "Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters" by Howard Wolk and John Landry”