Review of The Three Card Trick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: The Complete Guide To Gym Exercise by PRT Endeavors
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Re: Review of The Three Card Trick

Post by Damian Keyes »

I wish I got the chance to read the first installment in this series so that I can know Delvin’s origin story. I’m a lover of anything pertaining to magic and adventures, so I know I will love this series.
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

I am pleased that the reviewer has noticed the improvement in character description compared to the first book. I am eager to witness Delvin applying what Borlock has taught her and ultimately becoming Princess Jarla's hero. This is an amazing review.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

The descriptive prowess showcased in this book truly enhances a reader's reading experience, immersing them deeper into the world of magic and adventure. Kudos to Townsend for crafting such a captivating sequel!
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

The realms of Argent and Hengel are depicted incredibly crisply, thus portraying a beautiful fantasy land that can only be explored through the pages of this novel.
Latest Review: ARKO by U.W. Leo
Ganeefa Karan
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganeefa-karan.html
Latest Review: Saving KC by Grinnell Desjarlais

Post by Ganeefa Karan »

I was just as excited when I saw this second book in the series. I enjoyed the first book, so I'm really looking forward to delving into the adventures of Delvin and his friends, and judging from the review, I'm sure it will be just as enjoyable.
Muhammad Bawa
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd Edition
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Muhammad Bawa »

It was nice to learn more about the characters I fell in love with in book 1.Having read and reviewed the first book, I was beyond excited when I received the opportunity to read the second one.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Never Enough by Deb Lang, Psy.D.

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Wow, 'The Three Card Trick' by Charles Townsend sounds like an absolutely thrilling adventure. The idea of inheriting magical equipment and embarking on a quest to save powerful cities has me hooked already. I can imagine the tension and excitement as Delvin fights to protect Princess Jarla and bring peace to Argent and Hengel.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: A Pocket Full Of Haddock by Keven Shevels

Post by Veronica Hunter »

The combination of magic, danger, and high-stakes adventure sounds like the perfect recipe for an exciting read. I'm curious to see how Delvin uses his inherited magical equipment, especially the magic stone, to outwit other magicians and save Princess Jarla.
Dheera Kalota
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheera-kalota.html
Latest Review: Liner by Chris Coppel

Post by Dheera Kalota »

I really like books about magic. This one includes adventure and thriller elements as well. Nice review.
Dheera Kalota
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dheera-kalota.html

Post by Dheera Kalota »

I really like books about magic. This one includes adventure and thriller elements as well. Nice review.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

Having read the first book, it will be great to read this one as weel. I am glad there is action and adventure here just like the first time. Thanks for the review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 68%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The Three Card Trick” by Charles Townsend is the next book in the Delvin the Magician series. When Borlock was killed in the “Magician’s Secret” by a Black Magician Delvin inherited all of his magic equipment including a magic stone which gave Delvin the power to influence the thoughts of others and communicate with other magicians. The Magician’s Guild have decided to capture two powerful cities, Argent and Hengel and using their magic stones they have created a riot in Argent’s castle square and the prince was beheaded. Delvin once again has to be the hero and use his magic stone to bring back peace to the region. Princess Jarla was kidnapped, and Devlin would try to save her. Book 1 was a fantastic journey and this book exceeded expectations. This book improved on the character development and added a few new characters including Nippy, a likeable man that was always willing to help others. I found the sample a story that kept me on the edge of my seat. The book is excellent, and I look forward to reading the entire story.
Nabweteme Gloria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nabweteme-gloria.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Nabweteme Gloria »

Thanks for sharing your review of "The Three Card Trick"! It sounds like a captivating adventure with magic and exciting twists. I'm glad to hear that the second book lived up to your expectations and that the characters were well-described this time around. Looking forward to diving into this magical world myself!
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sheen Jenny »

One aspect that stood out to me was the improved character descriptions. In the first book, I struggled to visualize the characters, but in this installment, Townsend masterfully painted vivid portraits of each character, making them feel more tangible and real. It's evident that a lot of care went into fleshing out these personalities
Luwangula M
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 3
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Luwangula M »

8) "Thank you so much for taking the time to review 'The Three Card Trick'! I'm thrilled to hear that you found the plot exciting and the characters well-developed. I'm particularly glad you enjoyed Delvin and Princess Jarla's arcs - they're two of my favorite characters.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”